Tuesday 7 August 2007

İLHAN!!!!!



It seems we just can't get enough of Tatars lately. This is football player İlhan Mansız, often labelled "the Turkish Beckham". He was born in Kempten, Bavaria, Germany, and earned international recognition at İstanbul's Beşiktaş J.K., and was later acquired by the Vissel Kobe football club in Japan. Wikipedia writes:

"Being of Tatar origin, he gained many Japanese female fans because of his looks, which was an important factor in his transfer to Vissel Kobe."

In other words, if he wasn't of (Crimean) Tatar origin, he wouldn't be this hot. Well, what can we do but agree.



İlhan is retired today, because of repeated knee injuries. Had he not injured his knee, he would have played with Hertha Berlin. And made me a big fan of this local club of mine.

According to UEFA.com, he has "exciting plans" for the future:

"The first operation I had went wrong - because of that operation I had three more," said İlhan. "I had a car crash when I was recuperating in Germany which harmed my knee again. I tried so hard in the United States and Germany to return to the pitch but FC Bayern München doctor Hans Wohlfahrt advised me to stop." Asked about his plans for the future, he replied: "I will go to Italy or Germany to learn fashion design and I may do something in lingerie."

More lovely photos can be found on this Turkish fansite, as well as this Korean fanpage. Also check out this İlhan Mansız appreciation thread ...
From amazon.co.jp you can buy your very own İlhan photobook!



Oh, he looks so good in short hair. :3


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MÄÄ EN KESTÄ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!